Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The countdown continues!

I leave in ... 2 days!!

New fun facts about Ecuador

Population: 1,397,698 ( city ); 1,842,201 ( metropolitan area )

Average Temperature: 15.8 degrees C/ 60.5 degrees F (The weather right now is about 70 degrees)

Most precipitation: 20 cm/ 4 inches ( It rains almost every day and it is suppose to rain every day this week)

Elevation: 2811 meters/ 9223 feet ( which means it isn't as hot as you would think. The elevation and mountains keep the air cool, but because it is on the equator the sun is really powerful so protective sunscreen is a must!)

Registered taxicabs: 8,800 (Just for fun)

Quito, known as “the eternal spring”, is said to have the best weather in the world.

(I found this information at http://www.wcities.com/en/guide/fun_facts/324/guide.html)

** I am sorry if this is boring information! I am so excited about Ecuador that I thought it would be fun to post new information about it each day! WHen I am there I will post my own pictures! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I know you're already there by now but I hope you have a great time!!! post some pics on your blog from time to time! :)

Polkadots & Paisleys said...

Hey, you won some stationery on my blog for grabbing my button! love you, cat