Tuesday, February 5, 2008

DISASTER

WOW! God is so amazing. Is all powerful and I definitely experienced His protected hand tonight. A tornado touched down on my college campus tonight!!! My roommates and I were in our room about to do homework. It was a normal night. Until the sirens went off and so my roommates and I ran down stairs and stayed in the room of the girls underneath us. None of us thought the tornado would actually touched down so we were talking and doing homework. When the lights flickered and then went out. We ran to the bathroom as hail hit the building. Then the windows blew out. We shut the door of the bathroom just in time. There were about sixteen girls crammed into the tiny bathroom. We crouched down to the floor and the mirror shattered into several pieces. We listened as the room shook. Immediately we reached for our phones to make sure friends were okay. Then we prayed to God and sang praise songs. We were so thankful that we were safe. The night just progressed into a foggy nightmare. Our school is destroyed and eight boys were trapped in the rubble of a building. Thankfully around 12 the students were all rescued from the building. I ask for your prayer for Union University and Jackson, TN. As well as the cities that the 45 other tornadoes caused damage too! Please pray for our school and that all the students are okay. I ask that you pray for a quick recovery of our school. Tonight God showed me how protective he is. Looking at my school people should have died, but no one did. God is so faithful and I am just so amazed and blessed to be one of his children. I am blessed that God spared not only me but my friends and fellow students.
I would really appreciate your prayer!! This definitely puts the verse, " ... do not store up treasures on earth for rust and moth destroy..." into perspective, because the 3,000 plus students at Union do not have anything except the clothes they were wearing. So I pray for the students that God will give us a peace and trust that we will be taken care of. God is incredible and amazing!!!

2 comments:

Fresh Girl said...

Union is my alma mater -- I graduated from there almost 14 years ago (Your professor Ryan was a classmate and Dr. Jayne remains a good friend of mine), and it remains as dear to my heart and my second home today as it ever did. My heart is broken for UU today, but I'm praising God that no lives were lost. Union will survive and thrive, of that I have no doubt.

Stay safe!

Lynn said...

hey ashley! I have a blog too! Visit it at http://lovealwayslynn.blogspot.com if you want! I'll link you there :)