Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Influential Music

Yesterday, I was cleaning my room and listening to my ipod. I was listening to a band named Nickleback. When the words to one of my favorite songs caught my attention. For the first time I truly understood the lyrics and I didn't like what I heard. I was naive enough to believe that the song was about love when in reality it was about lust. This got me thinking how influential music is on teenagers and college students. Music is a big part of our lives and we listen to it when we drive in the car, study, hang out with friends etc. Kids make excuses for their music saying that the words aren't that important they just listen to the beat. I beg to differ the words are important and they do impact us. Listening to this Nickleback song made me realize that I have to be careful what I listen to. I am a vessel of Christ and it is important for me to listen to music which is uplifting and pure as well as to think pure and uplifting thoughts.
I really challege you to be careful what you listen to, because the words do matter!

3 comments:

The "W" Family said...

I love your haircut and your cute top too! Is that new? I also liked your topic of music. I used to think that God wasn't convicting me on the music I listened to. It is amazing the difference that what you listen to and see effects your thoughts, attitude, etc. Also having two little copiers keeps me in check-it's KLRC for us. Love you!

Whitney Baccus said...

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your hair too. Very mature :) I miss you and hope you are doing good!

The "W" Family said...

I miss you! Post soon! See you in2 weeks. love you!