Sunday, April 26, 2009

More of my life in Quito

More of beautiful Quito
I am having trouble uploading pictures on blogspot due to the internet here, but I will try again later. You can atleast read about what I have done so far. :)

Last week I went with one of my friends to Old Town Quito. This is this historic part of Quito where you can find big beautiful churches, colorful stucco buildings, and a hint of Catholic tradition. We visited the Panecillo,a giant statue of Mary which overlooks the entire city. In Ecuador they believe that there are territorial Virign Mary Spirits. The spirit in Quito has wings and is represented as the statue of Panecillo.

We also ate at a restaurant which the contestants of the Amazing Race Ecuador ate at. The place is called Pim's and it overlooks the entire city. Then we went to this beautiful Catholic church named The Basilica but we were not able to enter teh church because they were having Mass. Quito is a beautiful city.

The last two days of my Spring Break vacation I explored Quito. I took the Teleferiqo(like a ski lift except it is an enclosed glass box) up to the mountain of Pinchinca which overlooked the entire city.

This week I taught my students the letter W. They also had to take the Stanford Assessment Test and so both Kindergarten teachers provided fun activities for the students each day. In one of the classes the teacher made a theme for each day. Tuesday was bring and insect to school day, Wednesday was Pajama Day, Thursday was weather day, and the last day of the week was Wacky Friday. The studnets had a waterballoon fight at the end of the day. It was so much fun. Here are some pictures of my students.

I miss you all but I am having the time of my life here in Ecuador!


22 days til I am back in the states, 27 days til I graduate, and 48 days until I become Mrs. Fern!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! I can't wait to see you! Sounds like you're having one great big adventure down there, take tons of pictures so I can live vicariously :P miss you! :)

Debbie Diehm said...

I would love to see those pictures some day. I was able to see the ones you sent to my e-mail, thanks to tips from Gloria. I can't believe it is only 3 weeks until you are back at Union. Time flies!

xoxo,
Mom